Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Big Changes

So this summer started out like every other summer for me.  Staying up late and sleeping late, trying to be healthy, going swimming, hanging out with friends and visiting with family, eating snowcones....Then in early July this happened......


AHHHHH......So many thoughts and feelings!  I have never been more excited and scared in my whole life.  Am I ready to be a mom?  What if I mess up my kid? What if I drop the baby?
 breathe, relax, pray, repeat...

One week later the morning sickness begin:(  I was a bridesmaid in my good friend Stephanie's wedding.  I had been looking forward to celebrating with her for a long time.  Unfortunately I was still throwing up moments before I walked down the aisle. I made it down the aisle, almost fainted, then slipped out the back door, went straight to the bathroom and threw-up.  Sorry Stephanie and Jake:) I did manage to get in a few pictures earlier that day.


On Monday we went to the doctor, and she confirmed I was about 6 weeks pregnant. I was so dehydrated from throwing up that weekend that I was ordered an IV of fluids. Here I am looking so glamorous...


I went back the following week and here is a picture of the baby at 7 weeks.  Looks just like me, huh?


I spent the next couple of weeks doing the following...

Sleeping
Drinking Water
Throwing Up
Eating Honey Biscuits

My sweet husband took excellent care of me during this time.  He kept reminding me to stay hydrated.

Through all my throwing -up I couldn't help but be thankful. I am very thankful for this unexpected blessing growing in my belly.  I can't wait to see what he/she looks like and what God has planned for this little life.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet girl... I know your pain. I had the morning, evening, all day sickness for 30 weeks when I was pregnant with Cayden and I was sick the entire 40 weeks with Miss Avery. Ugh... I understand how it feels and I will definitely be praying for some relief for you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin. I have been feeling so much better the past couple of weeks. Hopefully the worst is behind me. I can't imagine being that sick throughout the whole 40 weeks. Bless you for going through that.

    ReplyDelete